The Bertelsmann Stiftung has been organizing the German-Israeli Young Leaders Exchange since 2000, showing a new generation that it is possible to overcome obstacles of the past as well as a growing notion of indifference.
The exchange is an innovative program designed to promote dialogue and understanding among the next generation of German and Israeli leaders.
The exchange is designed:
- to offer specific, topic-related programs,
- to target young leaders and high potentials,
- to allow participants to develop an in-depth understanding of the other country by providing background information on Germany, Israel and Europe (in the areas of culture, politics and business),
- to focus on the future while - at the same time - appreciating the history of the Shoah by keeping it present in the background of the exchange,
- to provide networking opportunities for its participants and real-life experiences through exposure to high-level guest speakers and on-site visits.
The program includes meetings to help participants prepare for scheduled events, joint meetings in Germany with follow-up meetings in Israel, and regular alumni reunions.
Participants are recommended by mentors and selected by the Bertelsmann Stiftung. No unsolicited applications are accepted.